The Copy Editor is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of creative assets and other deliverables for an account, according to a client’s specified style guide and brand guidelines.
- Copy edits content: style, spelling, tone, brand voice, clarity, grace, conciseness, usage, coherence, logic, and punctuation; all round/reviews
- Fact checks
- Enforces clients’ brand/style guides
- Understanding of SEO best practices and how to apply them to creative assets
- Active participation in brainstorms and ideation
- Collaborates and shares ideas and best practices with Copy Editors across the organization
- Responsible for informing hour estimates to the ACD/PM
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field
Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience editing digital and/or print content
- Must be able to juggle multiple projects and turn around copy edits on strict deadlines, with strong attention to detailProven experience copy editing content for spelling, clarity, punctuation, grammar, voice, style, and tone
- Experience checking sources for the accuracy of stats and quotes cited
- Must be comfortable editing all content types, including video scripts, short- and long-form articles, white papers, digital and social content, and display and body copy
- Ensure compliance with trade and service marks; enforce brand standards
- In-depth knowledge of copy editing tools and stylebooks (Associated Press, Chicago, etc.)
- Superior command of both written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Experience editing or writing in B2B or the financial services industry is a plus
- Proficient in content management systems (CMS) and workflow tools
Apply for this job
This job is in our Greensboro office
Pace is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. Further, it is the policy of Pace to undertake affirmative action in compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1-336-378-6065 or by mailing the HR Department at 1301 Carolina Street, Greensboro, NC 27401.