Pace, North America’s leading independent brand storytelling agency, is seeking an experienced Designer to join our team in Dallas, TX. The Designer serves as one of several editorial staffers on a monthly national magazine with 6.3 million-plus readers. Under the guidance of the Creative Director, the Designer is responsible for designing front-of-book and back-of-book pages, along with cover and feature design, and directing photography and illustration. The ideal candidate has a strong portfolio of work showing a keen eye for typography, grid structure and storytelling, with an ability to juggle many tasks simultaneously under deadline pressure. Attention to detail is a must. This position may also manage an Art Intern. This role reports to the Creative Director and is accountable to more senior level staff (including Editors, Associate Creative Directors and Creative Directors).
- Grid-based page layout, art direction (photo and illustration), typography and typographic hierarchies
- Strong reading skills/ strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work confidently with other designers and editors
- Thinks through ‘the strategic why’ behind the creative and articulates the solve
- Understands the digital, social and print production process
- Participates in the creative process
- Ability to create in the print, digital and social space
- Design magazine departments, features and covers
- Assign photography and illustration to consistent high standards
- Contain publication within budget and deadline constraints
- Work with client and editorial team to develop client-branded pages
Education: Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field.
Experience: 1-3 years of experience in a design-related field, including editorial or print design, marketing or advertising
- Solid design and illustration skills
- Comfortable participating and contributing to brainstorms and ideation
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to manage competing priorities with minimal supervision
- Ability to self-manage time and meet expected deadlines; ability to complete work on time and within the hours allocated
- Flexible with a sense of humor
Apply for this job
This job is in our Dallas office
Pace is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. Further, it is the policy of Pace to undertake affirmative action in compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1-336-378-6065 or by mailing the HR Department at 1301 Carolina Street, Greensboro, NC 27401.