Director of Content Strategy
Pace, North America’s leading and largest independent brand storytelling agency, is looking for a passionate Director of Content Strategy to lead strategy work for key clients out of our Greensboro office, while also supporting new business efforts. The position will lead strategy for marquee clients in financial services, with the opportunity to diversify further.
The Director of Content Strategy is a heavy client-facing role and works as a critical partner and strategic leader for the integrated Pace team (Client Services, Creative, Strategy, Analytics, and Technology), both locally in our Greensboro office and with the wider team across the agency’s national footprint.
The role is accountable for leading the development, implementation, and ongoing optimization of insights-driven strategic plans driving omni-channel content, digital, and social media efforts.
We’re seeking a candidate with a proven track record in a mix of both content strategy and digital strategy with bias towards big, bold ideas and a passion for bringing innovative technologies and strategies to our clients and prospects. They must love the art of the pitch, and be able to command and captivate a room full of C-suite skeptics. The exact mix of skills is flexible – our priority is finding a motivated, passionate, and curious senior strategist, who puts ego to the side to partner well with both clients and internal colleagues across disciplines.
Moderate regional and national travel will be required.
- Alongside Client Service and Creative leads, be ultimately accountable for the measureable success of client programs and campaigns
- Constantly source, develop and pitch unsolicited bold, innovative ideas to clients that reflect emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Develop implement digital, social and content strategies based on client’s business goals, market situation and audience needs
- Partner with in-house and client analytics teams to define KPIs and fueling the ongoing development of actionable insights
- Contribute to the development and external positioning of the Pace Strategy practice through blog posts, whitepapers, internal training, talent building and best practice development
- Stay on top of emerging digital, social and content trends in order to optimize approach over time and bring a constant flow of fresh ideas to our clients and internal teams
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field.
Experience: 10+ years of a mix of brand, content and digital strategy, planning, or marketing with globally recognized agencies working with world renowned brands.
- Financial services category experience is highly desired, with any mix of business consulting, travel and technology vertical experience a major bonus
- Have a demonstrated interest and fluency in emerging technologies and consumer trends – from AR/VR to GenZ social habits and beyond
- Conversant in key elements of digital and content strategy: Analytics, SEO, personas/segmentation, email, digital platforms, and optimization tools and techniques
- Fluent and credible in the principles of content strategy and content marketing
- Be a hard core believer in data- and insights-driven planning
- Be highly curious and proactive – you need to be constantly looking beyond the scope and immediate deliverables, to the wider strategic picture and opportunity for our clients
- Have exceptional written and oral communication skills with strong executive presence and ability to sell in ideas
- Understand how to establish and cultivate client relationships at all levels
Apply for this job
This job is in our Greensboro office
Pace is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. Further, it is the policy of Pace to undertake affirmative action in compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1-336-378-6065 or by mailing the HR Department at 1301 Carolina Street, Greensboro, NC 27401.