Pace, North America’s leading independent brand storytelling agency, is seeking an experienced Editor to join our team in Dallas, TX. The Editor assists in the creation of assets as an editor and/or writer. This role reports to the Associate Creative Director.
- Write and edit all content types for print, digital and social channels
- Line edit (first pass) of copy and assets before forwarding to top editor; R1 and R2
- Craft unique, emotionally-driven, audience-centric stories
- Participate in brainstorms and ideation sessions
- Advocate for and participate in the creative process
- Collaborate with Art peers
- Collaborate and share ideas and best practices with Editor peers across the organization
- Manage and mentor Associate Editors and Interns, ensuring that their work is on brand and on strategy
- Continually evolve an understanding of SEO best practices
- Engage on a regular basis with workflow tool
- Contribute to editorial planning and content idea development
- Assist in the creation of creative team slides in PowerPoint as a part of larger presentation decks
- Understand brand guidelines for assigned work
- Generate, assign and edit magazine features of varying lengths, formats and styles (profiles, trends, service packages, etc.)
- Maintain relationships with our stable of freelance writers and cultivate relationships with new writers
- Demonstrate the ability to diagnose flaws in story structure, tone and exposition, and address them with writers without compromising their voice and style
- Write compelling feature-style headlines
- Generate ideas and write copy for shorter, front-of-the-book magazine departments on topics ranging from food and cocktails to hotels and shops
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism or a related field
Experience: 3-5 years of experience as an editor in a fast-paced environment (working at a content/media agency and working in a digital environment are highly preferred).
- Exceptional writing/edit skills and a high attention to detail
- Ability to curate, create and publish content from start to finish
- Strong storytelling skills
- Ability to conduct interviews and report the story arc
- Organized self-starter and independent worker
- Proficient with CMS systems
Apply for this job
This job is in our Dallas office
Pace is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. Further, it is the policy of Pace to undertake affirmative action in compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1-336-378-6065 or by mailing the HR Department at 1301 Carolina Street, Greensboro, NC 27401.