Group Account Director
Pace, North America’s leading and largest independently owned brand storytelling agency, is looking for a dynamic and skilled Group Account Director (GAD) to engage with clients and lead our multidisciplinary account teams. The GAD will be responsible for providing strategic development and management of key finance, healthcare, telecom and pharma oriented accounts. This position will manage the account team and serve as the liaison between Pace clients and internal Pace groups (including creative, strategy, and digital) to set expectations and provide direction on overall program strategy, deliverables and key performance indicators. Additionally, this position will function as a business manager within Pace to set budgets, manage P&Ls, update projections, oversee monthly billings and identify new opportunities for business growth.
This role is based in our NYC office.
- Serve as the principal day-to-day face of Pace among assigned client
- Deliver “fanatical client service” leading to strategic and innovative content programs and overall client satisfaction.
- Lead initiator and driver of account planning and development strategy
- Collaborate with Pace executive leadership on account development strategy
- Develop and execute key strategic initiatives to foster, maintain and grow accounts while delivering on key client needs
- Identify clients’ needs and requirements, and develop effective content marketing programs to deliver business results against key client metrics
- Write agency POVs and recommendations on key client and internal decisions
- Ensure strategic insights and business objectives are married to creative content solutions
- Independently lead and make decisions that properly balance the needs of the account such as those of the client and internal teams
- Ensure the implementation and consistent use of best practices in the creation and development of client programs
- Develop deep, trust-based relationships with assigned client leaders
- Lead client and internal meetings
- Leverage career experiences to help mentor and develop staff both within the account team and within other non-account management disciplines (art, edit, production, digital)
- Ensure assigned teams are motivated to create excellent work
- Set defined expectations for performance and ensure team members achieve or exceed upon those expectations
- Serve as the insight-developer, problem-solver and driver of new ideas to achieve client goals
- Serve as the calm voice of reason during high-pressure, high-tension meetings, conference calls or other correspondence in order to maintain effective working relationships between all parties
- Develop ideas that help broaden Pace’s capabilities
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations or other related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in an account role within a fast-paced creative agency
- Must have a proven track record for success leading and growing client relationships
- Excellent organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail and exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable creating and leading presentations and proposals at client and internal meetings
- Ability to create and implement account planning and development strategy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple accounts and competing priorities
- Comfortable collaborating with internal teams (creative, strategy, digital) in order to provide creative insights and solve client problems/sticking points
- Excellent leadership skills; ability to motivate team members
- Reporting and financial savvy (revenue forecasting, P&L management, ROI analysis, etc.)
Apply for this job
This job is in our New York office
Pace is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. Further, it is the policy of Pace to undertake affirmative action in compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1-336-378-6065 or by mailing the HR Department at 1301 Carolina Street, Greensboro, NC 27401.