The Photo Producer estimates fees and expenses for photo shoots and the purchase of artwork. The ideal candidate has familiarity with specific media usage as related to establishing fees and knows the marketplace with respect to costs. The Photo Producer also sources and recommends talented photographers and illustrators that are appropriate for the execution of the agency’s creative concepts under existing timetables and budgets. This role is responsible for all items photo related to custom shoots, stock photography, and found photos. Please note: this is a temporary position.
- Coordinates, selects and recommends talent portfolios
- Oversees budgets as jobs are in progress
- Coordinates pre-production planning
- Maintains awareness of visual trends in the graphic arts field
- Oversees the purchase of retouching services
- Negotiates and produces written model and property releases
- Recognizes possible legal pitfalls and guards agency and client against them, particularly copyright issues
- Approves all related invoices and is responsible for insuring that all costs are substantiated
- Produces all aspects of the print shoot from layout approval through attendance, when deemed necessary, at the shoot
- Renegotiates usage rights for extended periods of use after completion of the first agreed-to use period
Education: Bachelor of Arts or Fine Arts
Experience: Two or more years as an assistant in an art buying group or as a stock photo buyer
- Basic knowledge of and familiarity with the graphic arts industry
- Ethical and fair personality
- Leadership – the ability and talent to be a respected voice with outside suppliers while maintaining equal respect within the agency
Apply for this job
This job is in our Greensboro office
Pace is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. Further, it is the policy of Pace to undertake affirmative action in compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1-336-378-6065 or by mailing the HR Department at 1301 Carolina Street, Greensboro, NC 27401.