Senior Copy Editor
This Senior Copy Editor position is the best of both worlds: You’ll focus your sharply honed eagle eye on our print and digital copy to correct mistakes and style issues. Plus, you’ll have ample time to stretch your creative muscle by writing and editing stories. The team you’ll join creates a consumer-facing magazine and digital content, primarily focused on auto, travel and financial topics. In addition to having 100% responsibility for copyediting, you’ll also own specific stories — from conceptualization to writing and editing (captions, trimming, etc.) to pushing stories through the production process. You’ll be an integral member of the team as both a copy editor and content creator—participating in client calls, brainstorming sessions and more.
- Copyedit all copy for magazine and website
- Maintain our internal Style Guide and stay abreast of client and AP Style
- Write and/or edit a few stories bimonthly for the magazine and website
- Attend client calls and develop a deep working knowledge of the brand, its products and services
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, or related field
Experience: Minimum of 5 years in the writing and editing industry or in the content-marketing industry. Some client work is helpful.
- Exceptional copy editing, proofreading, writing and reporting skills required
- Excellent writing skills required, along with samples of previous work
- Must have a mastery of the mechanics of English—grammar, syntax, punctuation—and a sharp eye for editing and proofreading copy
- Must take pride in doing first-rate work, while understanding that we’re creating our client’s product, not your own
- Must have an inherent respect brand guidelines and brand “voice”
- Attention to detail and accuracy are required
Apply for this job
This job is in our San Antonio office
Pace is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. Further, it is the policy of Pace to undertake affirmative action in compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1-336-378-6065 or by mailing the HR Department at 1301 Carolina Street, Greensboro, NC 27401.