Senior Copy Editor
The Senior Copy Editor is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of creative assets and other deliverables for an account, according to a client’s specified style guide and brand guidelines.
- Copyedit all copy for magazine and website
- Maintain our internal Style Guide and stay abreast of client and AP Style
- Write and/or edit a few stories bimonthly for the magazine and website
- Attend client calls and develop a deep working knowledge of the brand, its products and services
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, or related field
Minimum 3-5 years of experience editing digital and/or print content
- Must be able to juggle multiple projects and turn around copy edits on strict deadlines, with strong attention to detail
- Proven experience copy editing content for spelling, clarity, punctuation, grammar, voice, style, and tone
- Experience checking sources for the accuracy of stats and quotes cited
- Must be comfortable editing all content types, including video scripts, short- and long-form articles, white papers, digital and social content, and display and body copy
- Ensure compliance with trade and service marks; enforce brand standards
- In-depth knowledge of copy editing tools and stylebooks (Associated Press, Chicago, etc.)
- Command of both written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Experience editing in B2B or the financial services industry is a plus
- Proficient in content management systems (CMS) and workflow tools
Apply for this job
This job is in our San Antonio office
Pace is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. Further, it is the policy of Pace to undertake affirmative action in compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1-336-378-6065 or by mailing the HR Department at 1301 Carolina Street, Greensboro, NC 27401.