Senior Social Media Strategist
Pace, North America’s leading and largest independent brand storytelling agency, is looking for a Senior Social Media Strategist to lead social media strategy and channel management work in support of several high profile national and global brand clients.
The Senior Social Media Strategist reports to the VP, Planning & Media, and is a key contributor to the development of Pace’s social media practice, including channel strategy and management, social listening, community management, and social content development.
In this role, the Senior Social Media Strategist will work closely with the planning, strategy, analytics, client services and creative teams to build and deploy measurable social media campaigns. This individual will be responsible for day-to-day management of social networks and community development. He or she will have responsibility for the tools we use to research, analyze and implement social media across multiple clients, while providing internal teams with the tools, training and insights they need to successfully secure social media scopes.
This is a management role, is a client-facing role, and may require some travel.
- Lead the development of social media strategies based on clients’ business goals, objectives, and audience needs.
- Work in close contact day-to-day with various planners, strategists, analysts, and creative and account leads to brief teams, collaborate on development of social content and vet content against brief/channels.
- Work closely with the creative team to develop innovative social media concepts, with a willingness to bring ideas to the team that are appropriate to each channel and aligned to varying client strategies.
- Partner with the team on fast-turn social media content creation, leveraging news/hits/pop culture trends in support of various clients.
- Be on the forefront of innovation in the social media space, sharing in real time platform updates, algorithm changes, new asset formats/capabilities, etc. with the internal team and clients.
- Identify, develop and implement best practices and 3rd party tools for program execution. Responsible for maintaining best practice/social channel updates and organic/paid specs for distribution to internal teams.
- Oversee community management, responsible for always-on management of clients’ social media communities; serve as a back-up community manager if community managers are for any reason unavailable.
- Partner with new business and account teams in conducting brand, competitive and industry research, social audits and pitch materials.
- Partner with the analytics team in generating social media reports, compiling metrics and synthesizing data into actionable insights.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- 6-8+ years of social media strategy or management and community management experience.
- Experience, agency or client-side, working with multiple large, established client brands is strongly preferred.
- Hands-on experience crafting and leading social media strategies, from brief through to implementation and iteration.
- Understanding of the social media universe, including experience with YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Reddit, etc.
- Experience with social media management systems such as Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.
- Experience with social listening tools such as NUVI, Meltwater, Sysomos, etc.
- Experience in using tools such as Google Alerts, Google Trends, etc. for identifying market opportunities and threats with regard to social posts and content creation.
- Experience in social media analytics and paid social media.
- Experience in influencer marketing is preferred, but not required.
- Unending curiosity about the world and a voracious appetite for social media trends and mainstream news – local, national and international.
- Strong interest in and understanding of the principals of existing and emerging social media channels.
- Be a hardcore believer in, and serious practitioner of, data- and insights-driven planning.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with strong executive presence and ability to sell in ideas.
Apply for this job
This job is in our Greensboro office
Pace is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. Further, it is the policy of Pace to undertake affirmative action in compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1-336-378-6065 or by mailing the HR Department at 1301 Carolina Street, Greensboro, NC 27401.