Senior Social Media Strategist
The Senior Social Media Strategist will be a key contributor to the development of Pace’s social media practice, including channel strategy and management, social listening, community management, and social content development. This role will work closely with the strategy, client services and creative teams to build and deploy measurable social media campaigns. This position will also be responsible for day-to-day management of social networks and community development.
- Lead the development of social media strategies based on clients’ business goals, objectives, and audience needs, working in close consultation with account leads, and key peers in strategy, analytics, and creative
- Oversee a growing team of community managers, responsible for always-on management of clients’ social media communities
- Identify, develop and implement best practices and tools for program execution. Responsible for maintaining best practice and organic/paid specs for distribution to internal teams
- Responsible for social listening, channel management, and social media content best practices and procedures
- Identify and develop suitable partnerships with 3rd-party tools, platforms and partners to deepen Pace’s capabilities and our client offering
- Work closely with the creative team to develop innovative social media concepts, with a willingness to bring ideas to the team that are appropriate to each channel and aligned to varying client strategies
- Support new business and account teams in conducting brand, competitive and industry research, social audits and pitch materials
- Support the analytics team in generating social media reports, compiling metrics and synthesizing data into actionable insights
- Work with the development team to ensure our clients’ websites are social-friendly and oversee the implementation of new technologies
- Share information with internal teams on a regular basis pertaining to new social media trends and innovation and inform teams of any platform changes or opportunities
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- 6-8+ years of social media strategy or management and community management experience required
- Experience, agency or client-side, working with multiple large, established client brands is strongly preferred
- Hands-on experience crafting and leading social media strategies, from brief through to implementation and iteration
- Understanding of the social media universe, including experience with YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, and Reddit
- Experience with social media management systems such as Hootsuite/Buffer
- Experience with social listening tools such as NUVI, Meltwater, Sysomos, etc.
- Experience in using tools such as Google Alerts, Google Trends, etc. for identifying market opportunities and threats with regard to social posts and content creation
- Experience in social media analytics and paid social media
- Experience in influencer marketing is preferred, but not required
- Unending curiosity about the world and a voracious appetite for social media trends and mainstream news – local, national and international
- Strong interest in and understanding of the principals of existing and emerging social media channels
- Familiarity and proven success with data and insights-driven planning
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with strong executive presence and ability to sell in ideas
Apply for this job
This job is in our Greensboro office
Pace is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. Further, it is the policy of Pace to undertake affirmative action in compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1-336-378-6065 or by mailing the HR Department at 1301 Carolina Street, Greensboro, NC 27401.