Social Media Strategist
Pace, North America’s leading and largest independent brand storytelling agency, is looking for a Social Media Strategist to support the social media efforts of a high profile global retail brand. This role will sit in our Bentonville, Arkansas office. The Social Media Strategist will report to the Sr. Social Media Strategist, and a main priority of this role is to implement and steward client’s social media efforts to ensure channel best practices, and client objectives and KPIs are met. This position will be also responsible for staying current on social media news, platform changes and tools; and will work with the Sr. Social Media Strategist to develop POVs, educational one-sheets and strategy documents in addition to managing tactical work. The Social Media Strategist will work closely with the planning, media, strategy, analytics, account and creative teams to create and deploy social media content.
This is a client-facing role and will require travel.
- Work in close collaboration with the creative team to execute daily on social media content
- Identify and implement best practices for social media, proactively sharing updates and platform changes with both the internal team and the client
- Work closely with the creative team to develop innovative social media concepts, with a willingness to bring ideas to the team that are appropriate to each channel and aligned to client strategies
- Support the Planning & Media team in conducting competitive and industry research, social audits and development of presentation materials
- Support the Analytics team in generating social media reports, compiling metrics and synthesizing data into actionable insights
- Work with the Strategy and Technology teams to ensure our client’s digital platforms are social-friendly and in line with current best practices
- Be the first to know about social media breaking news; communicating important updates to social media channels around the business and advising on new platforms or opportunities we should be using
- Share information with internal teams on a regular basis pertaining to new social media trends and innovation and inform teams of any platform changes or opportunities
- Understand campaign goals and KPIs to be able to communicate successes and recommend ongoing performance optimization tactics
- Keep a running list of social influencers who are right for the client, that we could tap into as needed
- Assist the Sr. Social Media Strategist and VP, Planning & Media on other tasks as needed
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or a related field
Experience: 3-5 years of agency and/or brand social media strategy experience
- Required understanding of, and relentless passion for social media
- An understanding of the nuances of organic social media and paid social media
- A demonstrated deep understanding of all social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, Reddit, etc.
- Unending curiosity about the world and a voracious appetite for social media trends and mainstream news – local, national and international
- Strong interest in and understanding of the principals of existing and emerging social media channels.
- Be a hardcore believer in, and serious practitioner of, data- and insights-driven planning
- Self-starter and can work autonomously, but also work well with a team
- Natural ability to rally a team, generate excitement and motivate others
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills as well as proven ability to develop well-written documents and presentations
- Experience with social listening tools such as NUVI, Crimson Hexagon, Sysomos, etc.
- Experience in using tools such as Google Alerts, Google Trends, etc. for identifying market opportunities and threats with regard to social posts and content creation
- Experience in social media analytics
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in influencer marketing is preferred, but not required
Apply for this job
This job is in our Bentonville office
Pace is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. Further, it is the policy of Pace to undertake affirmative action in compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1-336-378-6065 or by mailing the HR Department at 1301 Carolina Street, Greensboro, NC 27401.